Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Mexican Lasagna (3) - This is mine!

Ingredients
6 Low Carb/Low-Fat Tortillas
1 16oz Can Fat Free Refried Beans
1lb Lean Ground Turkey
1 Packet of Taco Seasoning
1 15oz Can Diced Tomatoes (drained)
1/2 Cup Chunky Salsa
1 Cup Shredded Low Fat Cheddar Cheese (or Mexican Mix if you can find it)

Nutritional Info
Servings 12
Fat 12g
Carbohydrates 55g
Calories 450
Protein 42g

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray 9x13 inch casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Brown turkey until cooked through. Add taco seasoning, tomatoes, and salsa.
Cook until mixed well and warmed through.
Layer, in the dish, two tortillas smeared with refried beans, turkey mixture, cheese.
Continue for two more layers finishing with a layer of meat, reserve some cheese to sprinkle on the top just before it's done baking.
Bake for 30-35 minutes.

Comments
This is so good and I've played with the recipe some. I like to add the diced tomatoes that have the chilies in them and I really like the Mexican cheese mix. I only use a half pack of taco seasoning because the whole pack is a little strong for my palate. This is also one of those things that I think is better the second day than the first. I've already told my sister I'd invite her over the next time I made it.

Rating
Rating Scale 1(worst) - 5(best)
This is a 5 on taste and a 3 on prep. Come on it's lasagna with all the layering, how could I rank in above a 3 on prep. Remember, I live by my crockpot!

No comments: